Thursday, December 22, 2011
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Part 8, 9 and 10 of the my Happy things series originally posted by Sophia over at Sophia's Journal
71 - 100.
71 - 100.
71 - Wrapping Presents
72 - Jewellrey
73 - Christmas Lights
74 - Mamma Mia
75 - Look Magazine
76 - Pay Day
77 - Shoes
78 - Writing Lists
79 - Birthdays
80 - Dance with Me Tonight by Olly Murs
81 - Doing something you didn't think you could.
82 - Primark (disposable trends)
83 - Giving Gifts
84 - Searching Pinterest
85 - Painting my Nails
86 - Singing (when i'm alone)
87 - Thinking "I look Pretty today"
88 - Going out for a Curry
89 - The Hangover
90 - Night at the Pub
91 - Watching DVD's
92 - Weddings
94 - Christmas Movies
95 - Having Options
96 - Laughing
97 - Lady Ga Ga's Music
98 - Using the Internet
99 - Feeling after a Workout
100 - Getting my Glossy Box
What makes You Happy?
Friday, November 18, 2011
So I would like to start by wishing everyone Seasons Greetings.
I have finally finished all my Christmas shopping which was no mean feat. I don't know how other people go through the process of buying gifts at Christmas but our family has a little rule about how much we spend. I have 'special limits' for my Parents and Brother and Sister then Me and my siblings all buy gifts together for Cousins and Aunt and Uncles with a limit of £10.00 (as they do for us). We usually go over because for some reason we can never find anything good for just £10. Anyway thank goodness my sister was here to help we did it all in 1 day and all on the internet middle of November. That however was the easy ones to do Finding something for my parents is a struggle they have everything they want (apparently!!) My brother never knows what he wants!!! and my sister causes an all together different problem... there is too much I could get her. Not to mention boyfriends, Girlfriends, best friends and New Babies!!! It's a minefield of money. Believe it or not my favorite part of Christmas is the gift giving it always has been just like in the John Lewis advert (love it).
Now I have to say I love to get gifts too (who doesn't) and these are a few things that I asked for this year.
*I love the shoes above are a bit of a fantasy wish and they are mega expensive and I know I will never be able to walk in them!*
Check out my Christmas tree very proud!
I make my Christmas cards every year too and these are what I went for this year.
And my pretty choice of Present wrapping this year Candy canes and handmade Pom poms!
During my blog break I have also been concentrating on trying to loose weight. I must admit apart from feeling fantastic in terms of how I was looking I really couldn't see much of a difference. I knew something was happening because my clothes felt like they fit better and I have found that I am wearing dresses (with leggings) a hell of a lot more. I decided to take a picture of myself in a couple of outfits to see how it looked because I don't trust the mirror! (does anyone else do that), and was quite happy with what I saw. Then later that week while looking through my photos on facebook I realized that I have changed and you can see the difference in me a couple of stone lighter. Can you...?
Sunday, September 04, 2011
Hi everyone hope your all having a great weekend.
*POST FROM marcandgel.com
Dale Carnegie once said, “It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It’s what you think about.”
I don’t think anyone could say it any better than that. I’ve watched so many friends search tirelessly for happiness by changing jobs, moving to new cities, pursuing intimate relationships, and tweaking all sorts of other external factors in their lives. And guess what? They’re still unhappy. Because they spend all of their time and money adding positive externals to their lives when their internals are still in the negatives.
So with that in mind, here are 75 ways to stay unhappy forever. Of course, I would highly recommend you read each bullet point and then move swiftly in the opposite direction.
- Dwell on things that happened in the past. √
- Obsess yourself with all the things that might happen in the future. √
- Complain about problems instead of taking the necessary steps to resolve them.
- Fear change and resist it. √
- Work hard, do your best and then condemn yourself for not achieving perfection.
- Belittle yourself. √
- Hang out with other people who belittle you.
- Try to control everything and then worry about the things you can’t control. √
- Lie to yourself and those around you. √
- Keep doing the same thing over and over again. √
- Be lazy and follow the path of least resistance. √
- Hold onto anger. Never forgive anyone.
- Always be right. Never let anyone else be more right than you.
- Compare yourself unfavorably to those who you feel are more successful. √
- Let small issues snowball into big problems.
- Never learn anything new. √
- Never take responsibility for your own actions.
- Blame everyone around you.
- Don’t ask for directions and don’t ask questions. √
- Don’t let anyone help you.
- Quit when the going gets tough.
- Be suspicious. Trust no one. √
- Get four hours of sleep every night and convince yourself that it’s enough.
- Never throw anything way. Even if you don’t use it, hold onto it. √
- Say “yes” to everyone. Fill all your time with commitments.
- Try to be everyone’s friend. √
- Multitask, multitask, multitask! Do everything at once. √
- Never spend any time alone.
- Don’t help others unless you have to. Do only the things that benefit you directly.
- Hang out with people who complain about everything.
- Focus on what you don’t want to happen.
- Fear the things you don’t fully understand. √
- Always seek external validation before you consider yourself good enough. √
- Take everything and everyone in life seriously. √
- Spend your life working in a career field you aren’t passionate about.
- Focus on the problems. √
- Think about all the things you don’t have. √
- Read or watch lots of depressing news from broadcast media.
- Set lofty goals for yourself and never do anything to achieve them.
- Never exercise.
- Only eat junk food and fried food.
- Never check-up on your health.
- Setup your lifestyle so it revolves around money.
- Spend more than you earn and rack up lots of financial debt. √
- Don’t say what you mean. Don’t mean what you say. √
- Frown. √
- Never tell anyone how you feel or what you’re thinking.
- Make sure everything you do impresses someone else.
- Always put your own needs on the back burner. √
- Get involved in other people problems and make them your own.
- Make others feel bad about themselves.
- Watch TV for several hours every day. √
- Gamble often.
- Stay in the same place. Don’t travel. √
- Don’t play, just work.
- Let your hobbies go.
- Let your close relationships go.
- Never finish what you start. √
- Take everything personally. √
- Do lots of drugs. Drink lots of alcohol.
- Never say, “I’m sorry.” Never say, “I love you.” √
- Don’t work hard at anything. √
- Always wait until the last minute.
- Believe that, no matter what, you are entitled to things.
- Let others make decisions for you. √
- Remember the insults. Forget the compliments. √
- Let it all bottle up inside. √
- Rely on others for everything.
- Fail to plan.
- Don’t dream.
- Don’t think about the future at all.
- Always disregard other people’s opinions and suggestions.
- Make promises you can’t keep.
- Don’t decide on anything, ever.
- Just keep going and going and going. And never ever stop
must WILL improve this!
What did you score?
Monday, August 29, 2011
Part 7 of the my Happy things series originally posted by Sophia over at Sophia's Journal this is August...
Going to see a Musical
Replies on Twitter
Irregular Choice Shoes
What makes you happy?